Thursday, January 31, 2008

Prayer Request

After reading Luke 5 where Jesus steps into Peter's boat and then asks him to put out just a few feet so he can preach to the crowds without getting mowed over, and then after preaching from the boat he has Peter go out deeper and throw the nets into the lake one more time, I began to think. Hey, after a couple more years he asks Peter to get out of the boat and WALK on the water. How gracious is our LORD to give us all the preparation time before he asks us to walk on the water.

Those of you who have journeyed closely with David and me over the years know there have been plenty of times where God has gently asked us to push away from the shore just a bit, and then in his time has asked us to row out into the middle of the lake and throw our nets in and trust him for the catch. AND there have even been times it felt like he has asked us to walk on water.

I'm back where I am feeling God is asking me to push out from the shore a bit. I am applying to take a unit of Clinical Pastoral Education here in Tacoma. (400 hours of clinical work in a hospital in 11 weeks.) This is just the first step in the journey of becoming certified as a chaplain. Certification is necessary to get interviewed for chaplaincy work. And it is something I can take anywhere in the nation.

So, I put my application in on Thursday, January 31 and need an interview for a position that would be open March 4. I have only 2 days open in the beginning of February to interview in person. Please pray that God would open this door for an interview and I be accepted to the class if this is what God would have me do.

Thank you for lifting us up in prayer.